Thank you for using SndControl!
In order to accomplish this single seamless web audio experience, we must collect important information in a few different ways to ensure you are getting Software Services that work the way they are supposed to.
- What information do we collect?
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it:
- When you sign up for or use our Software Services, you voluntarily give us certain information. This includes your email address you used to sign up and other information you provide us.
- You also give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your web audio services like Amazon Music, Google Play, Pandora, and Spotify account to our Software Services, which allows us to obtain non-financial information from those accounts (like your playlists or listening history). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check with those services.
- We also get technical information when you use our Software Services:
- Log data. When you use our Software Services, our servers automatically record information called “log data”, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website such as web audio information related to your preferred internet radio station or digital music library. Other examples of this log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited to acquire or gather new web audio content accessed by our Software Services, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used our Software Services, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using our Software Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, your browser settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using, its settings, and the type of Software Services plan you hold. To learn more about what information your device makes available, please check the privacy policies of your device manufacturer and web browser software provider, such as Google Chrome™ Browser, Microsoft Edge Browser, or Mozilla Firefox Browser.
- How do we use the information we collect?
- First and foremost, we use the information we collect to provide our Software Services to you, make them better, develop new products, adapt to the quickly changing technology market, protect SndControl and our users. For example, we may log how often you manually change web audio information related to songs or listen to complete albums in order to make new Software Service features for you to enjoy that provides a better user experience for song shuffling/changing or collection of an artists songs using different web audio services.
- We also use the information we collect to offer you customized recommended web audio content, including:
- Suggesting web audio information related to artists and songs you might like based on your listening history and bookmarks. For example, if can’t get your internet radio station to consistently play your favorite artist’s songs, we may recommend you move to a new web audio service supported by our Software Services that provides more control over your playlists and song selection.
- Showing you web audio information related to artists and songs you may be interested in gathering and purchasing for your existing digital libraries to access using our Software Services.
- We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you in accordance with SndControl’s Email Policy (found at http://sndcontrol.com/email). For example, depending on your email notification settings you can find in “Settings”, we may send you weekly updates that include web audio content you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your Settings or purchasing a different Software Services software license.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
- The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever SndControl does business.
- What choices you have about your information?
- If you have our Software Services account/license, many of the choices you have are built directly into our Software Services account/license settings. These can be viewed by going to “Options” (for product features) or “Settings” (for user account preferences). For example:
- Access and change information in Settings at any time, choose whether your log data is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your SndControl account using your email address;
- Link or unlink your SndControl account from an account on another service (e.g., Twitter).
- Choose whether your Software Services will be customized for you using information from your off-SndControl websites or apps. If you have a Products account/license and you want to control how your off-SndControl data is used to tailor your experience, you can visit your Settings and update your preferences.
- Also, we support Do Not Track browser setting, and you can learn more about how it affects our collection and use of off-SndControl data.
- You can close your SndControl account at anytime and terminate your license; however, you will not receive any refund by terminating your Software Services plan. When you close your SndControl account and terminate your Software Services plan, we’ll deactivate your license and remove your data from any collections in use. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- You may have choices available to you through the device or browser you use with SndControl. For example, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. To learn about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or browser provider.
- When we share information, how do we do it?
- Our Software Services access your web audio services like internet radio stations or digital music libraries that addresses the realities and complexities of the new world of web audio playing in your web browser. For example, our users often have purchased and gathered content from different web audio services. Web audio services sometimes try to differentiate themselves and make it inconvenient for you to change libraries. We collect and share information as described herein to provide you with a single tool for a seamless web audio listening user experience while you are browsing. The core nature of our product requires we collect and share information but we try to limit it to necessary information sharing to accomplish our goal. It is not only good practice, but we listen to our customers with reasonable privacy expectations to continuously solve these problems.
- The instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or SndControl and its affiliates; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of information described in this Policy.
- We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a strategic partner of SndControl how many people listen to a particular artist or song at a particular time, place, or during a particular situation, or a percentage of people that purchased a song we recommend to you due to your Products listening preferences.
- What is our age policy?
- SndControl is not directed to persons under 18 without consent of their parent or guardian. Further, SndControl is not directed to children under 13 even with consent of their parent or guardian. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
- What are California residents privacy rights?
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties. If you wish to make such a request or have any questions about our information sharing practices please send us a written request to our Compliance Officer at the address below.
- When do we change our policy?
- In our efforts to better our software for your use while we grow, we may change this policy from time to time. If we do change this policy, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use SndControl after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide you more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law. In any event, we recommend you check this page for amendments at least every 30 days.
- How can you contact us with inquiries, complaints, concerns, compliments, or questions?
Send us written correspondence to our business address:
EMOTO CORP. dba SndControl
Attn: Compliance Officer
427 S. Boulder Ave., Suite 520
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated December 7, 2015, which replaces the February 22, 2015 version in its entirety.